Canada Government funded Phd Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) 2019
The 2019 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships – Fully Funded by Canada Government application is now open for post graduate medical students who graduated from any university in Canada. Application deadline November 6, 2019.
- Host Country: Canada
- Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
- Subjects: Health
- Mode of selection: Nomination by graduating institution in Canada
- Scholarship value: Fully funded worth $50,000 per year for 3years period.
- Scholarship sponsor: Canada Government
- Application Deadline: November 6, 2019
About (Vanier CGS)
(Vanier CGS) meaning Vanier Canada government scholarship is a fully funded scholarship valued at $50,000 per year. The scholarship program is for both Canadian citizens and international students who completed their undergraduate studies at any university in Canada. The scholarship is designed to be a nominating type of scholarship which insinuate that student must be nominated by an institution before he or she is eligible to apply.
Degree Level: Vanier Canada Scholarships provide PhD Opportunities under the scholarship scheme.
Available Subjects: Under the scholarship scheme you can apply for PhD programmes (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) in health research; natural sciences and/or engineering research; and social sciences and/or humanities research.
Scholarship Benefits: The scholarships will provide $50,000 per year for a period of three years.
Eligible Nationalities: Canadian Citizens, permanent residents and international students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria: Who can apply
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
• be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
• be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
• intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating institution; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
• not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2020
• have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the institution for its definition of a first-class average; and
• must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
How To Apply For 2019 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
Candidates must be nominated by a Canadian Institution with a quota at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
Applications are initiated in one of two ways. Either the student informs the faculty of graduate studies at the selected institution of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program OR the institution initiates the nomination process by contacting the desired candidate.
Applications are prepared by the student and submitted to the nominating institution by their internal deadline using the ResearchNet application system. The nominating institution then forwards recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) by 6 November 2019.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and to know the complete details on how to apply for this scholarship.
If you find this peace of information informative, please share.Canada Fully Funded Scholarships, Canada Scholarships, Canadian Scholarship, Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships