All African Women Writers Workshop In Ghana – 2019
All African Women Writers Workshop In Ghana – 2019 application is on going, all interested African women who are fluent in English (both written and spoken English) which wishes to take part in the partially funded workshop scheme should please apply now via the application link that will be provide at the beneath this post.
THE AFRICAN WOMEN’S DEVELOPMENT FUND (AWDF)INVITES AFRICAN WOMEN WRITERS AND JOURNALISTS TO APPLY FOR THE AFRICAN WOMEN’S WRITERS WORKSHOP2019.
THIS 10-DAY WRITING WORKSHOP TAKES PLACE IN GHANA, FROM 21ST OCTOBER 2019 TO 30TH OCTOBER 2019.
All African Women Writers Workshop In Ghana breakdown
This workshop is targeted at women writers, journalists and activists who wish to step-up their involvement in highlighting issues around women’s rights and social justice and who wish to improve and practice their personal writing skills. Participants will be expected to read widely from assigned selected texts,and to complete daily writing exercises. After the workshop, the participants are expected to use the knowledge acquired to write widely about social justice issues in and beyond their communities. Participants will also be required to produce at least two articles, blogs or longer pieces for use by AWDF.
This prestigious women workshop will be facilitated by award-winning writer Yewande Omotoso, and internationally acclaimed journalist, Sylvia Vollenhoven.
ELIGIBILITY: Who Can Apply
- Applicants must meet the following requirements·
- Be from the African region, or the diaspora.·
- Be a feminist or women’s rights activist·
- Have high proficiency in English (verbal and written)·
- Be an experienced writer (published or unpublished)·
- Be available to travel to Ghana and stay for the entire 10 day session. Young women writers between ages 21-35 are especially encouraged to apply.
- Priority will be given to interested women writers (fiction & nonfiction) journalists, academics who wish to actively engage in women’s rights activism.
AWDF will provide the following to successful applicants·
- Round trip fare.
- Participants from the diaspora may be required to pay part of the cost of air fare depending on the budget·
- Full accommodation and meals·
- Workshop material and stationary
To apply, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:·
- Contact details including name, email address, telephone number· A short bio (maximum 200 words)·
- A sample article written by the applicant, about women’srights or social justice -between 500 and 1000 words. The sample maybe unpublished or published on any media.
- AWDF will not be responsible for any cases of alleged plagiarism
THE E-MAIL SUBJECT SHOULD READ ‘AFRICAN WOMEN WRITERS WORKSHOP 2019’DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS 24TH JUNE 2019.ONLY THOSE ACCEPTED TO THE WORKSHOP WILL BE NOTIFIED, BY 24TH JULY, 2019.All African Women Writers, Women Activists, Women Journalists, Workshop In Ghana