How to Delete Gmail Account by Yourself 2021
How to Delete your Gmail Account by Yourself: Have you had enough of your Google Mail account, I’m here to tell you that it’s a very simple task to delete your Gmail account if you’ve made up your mind to do so. I want to give you a clear tip “If lots of users have been bugging you with unnecessary messages and you cannot be able to block them on your account, then you should consider deleting that account and start afresh by creating another one”. Don’t worry about the process to delete your Gmail account cos you’ve reached your final bus stop.
Gmail is a free email service which is been developed by Google. This enables users to gain access on the web using third-party programs that synchronizes email content through POP or IMAP protocols. Another interesting fact about Gmail is that Users nowadays can receive emails up to 50mb of storage, including attachments, while they can send emails up to 25mb of size. But in order to send these large files, you’ll have to insert files from Google Drive into the message.
Google’s mail servers automatically scan emails for multiple purposes, including to filter spam and malware, and to add context-sensitive advertisements next to emails. The Gmail user interface initially differed from other web-mail systems with its focus on search and conversation threading of emails, grouping several messages between two or more people into a single page. Read further below in order to know how you can be able to delete your Gmail account and set up another one.
How to Delete Your Gmail Account
The steps below will guide you to delete your Gmail account. Go through the steps below:
- The first thing is to log into your Gmail account.
- Then click on “Settings” located at the top of the screen.
- Select “Accounts” and then click on “Google Account Settings.”
- After that, click on the “Edit” option located next to My Products.
- Then select “Remove Gmail Permanently.”
- Click the check box written “Are you sure you want to permanently delete @gmail.com?”
- Finally, enter your current password and click on “Remove Gmail.”
With the steps above, you’ve successfully deleted your Google mail account.
Now to stay reconnected, you need to consider setting up a new fresh account. So therefore, we’ll be taking you through the steps that will help create a new Gmail account and equally see that it’s properly secured.
Create a New Gmail Account
In order to create your Gmail account, you need to put some things in place. Information like date of birth, gender, mobile number, and location must be put in place as they’re deemed necessary in order to sign up successfully.
- The first step you’ll need to embark on is to visit the official site @ www.gmail.com .
- A new page will open where you’ll have to click on “Create Account.”
- After that, the signup page will then open where you’ll need to enter your relevant details.
- You’ll have to enter your first and last names, choose a username you want to use, then select a strong password and click “Next.”
- You’ll have to note that while choosing a username just make sure that it has not been taken already although you’ll be notified if the username you chose has already been taken. If you can’t find a username for yourself you don’t need to worry because an alternative username will be provided for you.
- Whereas for the password, make use of upper and lowercase letters in addition with numbers. The reason for this is so that it cannot be easily hacked.
- The next step for you is where you’ll enter your phone number which needs to be verified. Once you’ve done that click “Next.”
- A verification code that comprises of six-digit numbers will be sent to that phone number you provided.
- Enter that code in the field provided and then click on “Verify.”The next page that will open is where you’ll have to enter your Bio-data which comprises of your date/month/year of birth and then your gender.
- Click “Next” if you’re through with that.The next page comes with Google’s Terms and Privacy. Go through this and click on “I agree.”
- Finally, the next page that’ll open will be your dashboard showing that your account has been successfully created.
Start adding fresh Contacts; the first major thing is to add your contacts to your email address. Just click on the “Google apps” button > then click on the “Contacts” button in the drop down menu > click the “Add new contact” button in the lower right corner > enter the contact information and then click “Save”.
Now that you’ve successfully created a Gmail account, we’ll then help you to properly secure your account.
Block All Mails from a Domain:
- The first thing you need to do is to go to your Gmail Settings icon.
- Click on the Filters and Blocked Addresses tab.
- Then click on “Create a New Filter.”
- After that, a new window will pop up where you’ll have to enter your filter information. Just enter the domain in the field provided.
- Then click on “Create Filter with this Search.”
- You’ll see list of options available for you. Tap on “Delete it.”
- After that, click on “Create Filter.”
There’s also a shortcut to be followed to perform this task:
Open your Gmail > tap the Checkbox located next to the email you want > then click “More” > then select Filter Messages like these > then enter your filter criteria > after that, click on “Create Filter” and you’re done.
Performing the above task will move all these type of mails to Trash. This will even give you the opportunity to go to the Trash and know if you’ve mistakenly put any important mail there on the process.
One other thing you need to know is that when you create rules for unwanted emails, it can only reflect on new incoming mails without touching the old ones. But if you want it to affect the old ones, then you need to click on “Also Apply Filter to X Matching Conversations”.
To Block Someone
- The first thing you need to do is to open the email message from that user.
- Click on Three Vertical Options button located next to the Reply button on the message.
- After that, click on “Block” with the user’s name inclusive.
- A pop up window will then appear. Just click the “Block” button again to confirm.
Bonus Tip – How to Block Emails on your iOS Device
If you’re running iOS 12 and below versions, follow the steps below:
- The first thing is to open the mails you think are spam.
- Swipe it to the left where you’ll see three options (More, Flag, Trash).
- Click on the “More” option.
- You’ll see various options; you have to choose the last option marked “Move Message.”
- Having done so, you will see a new pane showing different folders which you can move the messages.
- Then click on the “Junk Folder” and the emails will be moved to Junk.
- But if you’ve already opened the mail, you can just move it to the Junk folder by clicking on the small ‘Folder’ icon located at the top right hand then select the ‘Junk’ folder which is on the subsequent screen.
If you’re running iOS13 and above or iPadOS, then you need to follow the steps below:
- At first, you need to verify that the email address you want to block is in your Contacts app. If the address isn’t in your Contacts app, add it either to an existing contact or create a new contact card.
- Once the email address is in Contacts, open your Settings app.
- After that, click on “Mail.”
- Under the Threading options, click on “Blocked Sender Options.”
- Choose what you want to do with any mail from a blocked sender. Choices include None, Mark as Blocked Leave in Inbox or Move to Trash
- After you toggle that setting on, tap “Blocked” and choose “Add New.”
- Then click on the contact you want to block.
- If you enable Mail in iCloud, blocking a sender works across all your Apple devices.
Using the Mail App to Block Email:
- You need to open an email from a sender you want to block.
- Click on the name of the sender.
- Then tap the name listed next to ‘From’ in the header.
- Select ‘Block This Contact.’
- Confirm you want to block the contact
- After that, the contact will be added to your Blocked list
Once you block a contact via the Mail app, you won’t see email from that contact again in your Apple Mail app (you will still see it in your email provider’s app or when using a web browser.)
When you block a specified sender, that email is automatically moved to the trash.
Blocking unknown callers is also a lot easier in iOS 13. All you just need is to OpenSettings > go to Phone and then toggle on Silence Unknown Callers.
If you’re running iOS 13 above and iPadOS, you can as well ignore your blocked contacts using features like Blocked and Blocked Sender options. You can go through the Settings, and then to Mail if you want this to be done.
Was this article helpful? Drop your comment below.
Delete Gmail AccountDelete Account, delete gmail account, delete gmail account forever, delete gmail account from android, delete gmail account from chrome, delete gmail account from computer, delete gmail account from iphone, delete gmail account from phone, delete gmail account permanently without password, delete gmail account recovery, delete gmail account without password, Google Account Settings, How to Delete Gmail Account on iPhone, How to Remove Gmail Account from Computer, My Account Privacy