How to Delete Outlook Account Once and for all
If for any reason you wish to delete Outlook account, then you need to go through this article cos we’ll be teaching you how to do it. But one thing you need to do before you delete Outlook account is to change all the email addresses to the alternate ones if you have been using the same outlook address for any other services. But before we teach you how you can be able to delete Outlook account, let’s first of all give you a brief history about the email service.
As of 1996, Microsoft bought Hotmail. The email service went through several name changes including MSN Hotmail and Windows Live Hotmail. The last version of Hotmail was released in 2011. Outlook.com replaced Hotmail in 2013. Due to that, Hotmail users had the opportunity to keep their Hotmail email addresses and to use them with Outlook.com. It is still possible to get a new Hotmail.com email address when you go through the Outlook.com sign-up process.
As of March 2020, Microsoft announced the launch of a series of new features to appeal to business customers of its Teams platform. Microsoft ends February with a new set of features for its Teams platform. The main new feature, the integration of Teams and Outlook, which means that users can now move an email conversation directly from Outlook to a Teams chat by clicking a button, but also share a conversation from Teams to an email on Outlook. Microsoft has also added the ability to assign a tag to members of an organization so that users can better target their messages.
Steps to Delete Outlook Account
For you to be able to delete Outlook account, just follow the step-by-step procedure below:
- The first thing to do is to sign in to your Outlook account.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner to see your options.
- From the options, select “More Mail Settings.”
- Having done so, you’ll be presented with options like; Managing your account, Writing email, Preventing Junk email, and Customizing Outlook.
- You have to select “Managing your Account.”
- You’ll then be re-directed to a new page which will display your ‘Account Summary’ and ‘Password & Security info.’
- Just scroll down to the page and click on the ‘Close Account’ option.
- After that, Outlook will then request you to check the ‘Privacy & Cookies’ statement. It will also provide you with information on what happens to your details once you close your account.
- The next step is where Outlook will ask you to verify your account in order to close it down.
- Finally, you’ll then be asked to deactivate your Hotmail account. Once this is done, your account will therefore be closed.
Note: Microsoft will reserve your email address for about 270 days once you’ve closed it, should in case you want to re-activate it back again.
If you want to setup another Outlook account all together, then you have to follow the steps below.
To Setup a New Outlook
Get started with your new Outlook account with just some few steps below:
- First thing is to go to your web browser and enter www.outlook.com.
- Once the signup page opens, click on “Create free account.”
- Enter your new email ID which will serve as your new username.
- Since Outlook and Hotmail are been linked together, you can select the drop-down arrow located at the username field in order to change your domain from default outlook.com to hotmail.com. After that, click on “Next.”
- Enter your new strong easy password and re-enter it again. After that, click “Next.”
- After that, enter your first and last name in the fields provided for you. Click “Next.”
- Choose your Country/region, your Birthday, and then click “Next.”
- Then enter characters from the CAPTCHA image for your identification confirmation. Click “Next.”
- A welcome screen will then be displayed to you showing that your Outlook account is now ready.
Note: If you have one email account at the email provider the default account name of the Incoming Mail Server might be ok for you. If you have a number of email accounts at the same email provider (e.g. your company website has different email accounts for different purposes/people) then this default Account name isn’t going to be very useful for you.
Bonus Tip – How to Use Outlook
To Add an Email Account to Outlook
You need to open Outlook and select File > click on Add Account > enter your email address and select Connect. If your screen looks different, enter your name, email address, and password, and select “Next”. If prompted, enter your password and select OK > Select Finish.
To Create and send email in Outlook
First, you need to choose New Email to start a new message > enter a name or email address in the To, Cc, or Bcc field > in Subject, type the subject of the email message > place the cursor in the body of the email message, and then start typing > after typing your message, choose Send > once you’re done, just enter the user’s email ID you want to send the message to.
In the body of the email message or calendar invite, enter the @ symbol and the first few letters of the contact’s first or last name. When Outlook offers you one or more suggestions, choose the contact you want to mention. Although by default, their full name is included. You can delete a portion of the mention. The mentioned contact is added to the ‘To’ line of the email or the meeting invite.
To Manage your calendar and contacts in Outlook
Go to Calendar, select New Appointment > Add a Subject, Location, and the start and end times > select Invite Attendees to turn the appointment into a meeting > select Save & Close to finish, or click ‘Send’ if it’s a meeting. You can also use the Scheduling Assistant when you want to create a meeting. Using this can make you see when attendees and rooms are available. To do this, go to the new meeting request and select Scheduling Assistant > after that, the shaded area with vertical bars shows the meeting time > then drag the bars to adjust the meeting time. The grid shows when attendees are available > Outlook will show suggested times when you click on the right of the meeting request.
To setup an online meeting and shared notes, you need to select Teams Meeting. This inserts a link remote attendees can use to join the meeting. To set up a shared space for notes, select Meeting Notes. You can create a new OneNote notebook, or select an existing notebook. A link to the notebook appears in the meeting request.
To Add a Contact
If you want to add a contact, you need to select the People icon > Select New Contact or press Ctrl+N > enter a name and any other information that you want to include for the contact > Select Save & New to create another contact, or Save & Close if you’re done.
To Share a file to collaborate on attachments
SelectAttach File and choose a file. If the file has a small cloud icon, it’s already saved to the cloud, which lets you share and work on it with others. But if it does not, select the drop-down arrow and select Upload to OneDrive > type a message and select ‘Send’.
How to Delete an Email from Outlook
Removing an email account from Outlook doesn’t deactivate the email account. Once you delete an account from Outlook, you’ll no longer be able to send and receive mail from that account in Outlook.
- From the main Outlook window, select File in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select Account Settings.
- Select the account you want to delete, and then select “Remove.”
- You’ll see a message warning you that all offline cached content for this account will be deleted.
- Then click “Yes” to confirm.
If you don’t want to continue to receive email from a particular account in the Mail app for Windows 10, you can either delete the account and remove it from the app, or you can turn off email for that account. Deleting or removing an account from either app will also remove any calendar associated with that account.
For Windows 10
- Choose Settings in the lower-left corner.
- Then select Manage Accounts, and then choose the account that you want to remove.
- After that, click on “Delete account.”
To locate the Settings in your mobile phone or tablet, you’ll have to click on the “More” option located at the bottom of the page.
Turn off email for an account
If you want to disable email for an account, either because you can’t delete the default account or because you only want to use an account for your calendar, you can modify the sync settings for the account.
- Choose Settings in the lower-left corner.
Note: If you’re using a phone or tablet, choose More at the bottom of the page to see the Settings option.
- Choose Manage Accounts, and then choose the account you no longer want to receive email from.
- Choose Change mailbox sync settings, then scroll down to Sync options.
- Use the slider to set Email to Off and then choose Done > Save.
Was this article helpful? Just drop your comment in the box below.Delete Hotmail Account, delete outlook account, delete outlook account but keep emails, delete outlook account from ipad, delete outlook account from iphone, delete outlook account from phone, delete outlook account ios, delete outlook account mac, delete outlook account on android, delete outlook account online, delete outlook account windows 10, How to Delete Outlook Account from Mobile, How to Delete Outlook Account on iPhone, How to Remove Account from Outlook App, Microsoft Account Security