How to Delete Snapchat Account Easily
How to Delete Your Snapchat Account Easily: Have been wondering how to delete your Snapchat account? Maybe you feel the platform is not right for you, or probably maybe you want to create a new account. Then we’ll help you go through that if that’s what you want. All the necessary steps to be taken in the deletion process have been detailed in this article. All you need is to go through this article in order to learn how to delete your Snapchat account.
One thing you should know is that it takes around a month for you to properly delete a Snapchat account. While your account is deactivated, your friends will not be able to connect or chat with you on Snapchat. So if you don’t re-activate your account within the period of those 30 days, your account will be permanently deleted after that period. So read further below so as to be able to delete your Snapchat account.
How to Delete Your Snapchat Account
Before we show you the steps on how to delete your Snapchat account, we deemed it necessary to enlighten you on how you can recover your data on Snapchat so you don’t lose them.
This data includes your login history, account information, snap history, profile data, overview of your friends, location and search history. Read below to see how you can download your data.
- The first step is to visit Snapchat’s Accounts website and enter your login details.
- Click “My Data.”
- Then click also on “Submit Request.”
- After that, Snapchat will then send you a link in your email once your data is ready to be downloaded.
- When the link arrives, enter the link and follow the necessary steps ahead.
Having downloaded all your Snapchat data, we’ll now go ahead and show you the steps for you to delete your account. But before this, you need to wait for the data download link to arrive your inbox so you can download your data and then proceed with the account deletion.
- To delete your account, go to www.snapchat.com.
- Click on “Support” which is located under the Community header at the bottom of the page.
- Then select ‘Account Informtion.’
- Click on “Delete My Account.”
- After that, read the on-screen information.
- Then follow Snapchat’s Accounts Portal link.
- You’ll after enter your username and password.
- Still enter your username and password again and tap “Continue.”
Having followed the above steps, your account will be permanently deleted after 30 days so far you don’t go back to it again.
In case you want to create another Snapchat account, we promised to get you covered on that. You’ll have to go through the steps below if you want to setup a new Snapchat account.
To Create a New Account:
- The first thing is to download Snapchat on your phone via Play Store or Apple Store.
- After installing the app, tap on it to launch the app.
- Click on the “Sign up” button.
- You’ll have to enter your first name and last name in the field provided for you.
- Click on “Sign Up & Accept” which is at the bottom of the screen.
- The next step is for you to enter your Date of Birth and click on the “Continue” button at the bottom of that page.
- You’ll then be required to choose a username. If you can’t, don’t worry cos Snapchat will automatically generate a username for you. You can still change that one that instance, and go for your own if you want to.
- After that, click the “Continue” button at the bottom of the screen.
- The next thing is for you to create a Password and click “Continue.”
- Then enter your phone number, where SMS verification will be sent to that number. You can still use your email address instead, and a link will be sent to your email for confirmation.
- Click the “Continue” button also once you’re done with that.
- The next step is for you to verify that you’re a human and not a robot.
After that, your account is all but set! You can now start adding friends to your list.
If you have contacts that signed up for Snapchat with phone number, just click on the “Continue” button in the final setup screen and then select those you want to add.
If you want to search for more users aside from your contacts, you can simply enter their name in the Quick Add section.
To Advertise with Snapchat:
You must have been able to create Snapchat above, before you start advertising with Snapchat. This allows you to log into Snapchat’s Ads Manager. If you want to do it via your web browser or with your phone, read further below to see the steps.
- You’ll first need to go to https://ads.snapchat.com.
- Click on “Sign up” which is located next to ‘New to Snapchat?’
- Enter your name and username.
- Create a strong Password.
- Then enter a valid email address.
- The next thing is to enter your Date of Birth.
- After that, you can now verify your account to secure it by downloading the Snapchat app on your phone.
Now, your account is now ready for use! To log in as an Ads Manager, just enter that username and Password and then begin advertising on Snapchat.
To Set It Up on Mobile Device;
- If you want to go through this method, the first thing you need to do is to download the Snapchat app on your Google Play Store (for Android) or Apple Store (for iOS).
- Then open the Snapchat app.
- Click on “Sign up” to create a new account.
- Then enter your name and click on “Sign Up & Accept.”
- You’ll then have to enter your Date of Birth.
- You’ll have to create a username.
- After that, create a strong Password.
- You’ll then have to enter your phone number and verify it. If you don’t want to enter your phone number, you can skip the step cos it’s optional.
Your account is ready for use, and you can use your username and password to access your new Ads Manager account and start advertising on Snapchat.
Bonus Tip – How to Use Snapchat Camera
If you’ve not been using your Snapchat’s camera, then you should cos it’s actually smooth and fascinating. We’re gonna teach you how you can be able to use your Snapchat camera if you don’t know how to.
Using an iPhone Device
- At first, you need to open the Settings tab via the Snapchat app on your iphone device.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Snapchat” settings.
- The next thing to do is to toggle the Camera on. Now once you’ve done that, you can be able to access the camera on your iPhone Snapchat app.
Using an Android Device
- Go to your Settings and click on “Applications.”
- Then locate and open Snapchat.
- Go to Permissions and enable the Camera.
To Turn off Snapchat Camera Sound
We’ll teach you the various steps on both an iPhone and Android device.
Using an iPhone Device
There are two methods to turn off Snapchat camera sound on an iPhone or iPad.
- Using the Side Button
Using the button mutes all kinds of system sound that might be a ringtone, Message and notification alert sound, and Camera shutter sounds in third-party applications such as Snapchat. Sometimes side button doesn’t work in the case if you muted your iPhone using Virtual Sound button that is available in Assistive touch.
In order to use the Side button to turn off your camera sound on Snapchat; open your Snapchat app > then turn off and turn on the button two times to reset the Mute/Unmute sound.
- Using the Assistive Touch Button
One interesting thing about this method is that you can see loads of options like; Volume Up button, Volume Down button, Mute/Unmute button, Lock Screen button, Rotate Screen button, Take Screen Shot button, Restart button, Speak Screen button, and App Switcher button, etc…
Using this method on your iPhone device, you’ll have to go to your Settings app and enable the Assistive Touch button. In order to this; go to the Settings app > click on General > click on Accessibility > tap on “Assistive Touch” button > click on “Device” > then tap on the “Bell Icon” to turn off the Shutter sound and that’s it!
Note: The step above is for iOS 12 below devices.
If you’re using iOS 13 above devices, then you can access the Touch Screen Home button.
You also need to go to the Settings app > click on “Accessibility” > tap on “Touch” > then click on the “Assistive Touch” > after that, toggle on the Assistive Touch.
Using an Android Device
For Android users, you can mute the shutter sound on Snapchat by going to the default Camera Application > click on the Clog Wheel to go to Settings > then locate the Shutter Sound and toggle it Off.
Now that’s how easy it is! You can do this anytime you don’t what your Snapchat camera to disturb an important private meeting or event. Or maybe if you just feel like keeping it on a silent mode while you take your snaps
Was this helpful? You can drop your comment in the box below.
Delete Snapchat Account