How to Delete Your Telegram Account Permanently
If you feel that you want to do away with the use of Telegram, then you need to consider deleting the account. Maybe you’ve looked for a way to delete your Telegram account but it has proved unsuccessful. You only need the right procedure from the right site to help you go through that. In this article, we’ll be teaching you the necessary steps to take in order to delete your Telegram account permanently.
Telegram is a social platform that allows users to send messages to contacts, and also share media files like photos, music, videos, and as well documents. Not only that, you can as well download all the Telegram media files to your phone or computer local storage. Messages being sent to your contacts are encrypted with an end-to-end method for an extra account privacy and security. Meaning that once you share media files on Telegram, it will be saved on the encrypted cloud of Telegram and can be accessed from anywhere on any device.
Probably, you ask yourself why this end-to-end encryption is not the default settings. Security has been the major issue on Telegram. This is because Telegram makes use of home-grown cryptography protocol known as MTProto. This protocol with high level encryption has given opportunity to fraudsters and terrorists to plan attacks over the years. This has even led to the app been removed in some countries as it is considered to be vulnerable. Having now known this, and maybe you want to delete your Telegram account, we’ll help you do that permanently.
Steps to Delete Your Telegram Account
One thing you should know before you delete your Telegram account is that once you perform this action, you’ll not be able to recover it back again. Meaning that all your chats, contact list, groups, etc, will be permanently deleted.
If you don’t want to permanently delete your Telegram account, it’s highly advisable that you deactivate the account temporarily on a certain period. If you want to go by this option, just follow the steps below:
- The first step you need to take is to log into your Telegram account on your device.
- Then select “Settings.”
- You’ll then have to click on “Privacy and Security.”
- Scroll down to “Delete My Account if I’m Away For” and select the month.
Note: If you don’t use your Telegram account after the given period you selected to be away, your account will be deleted.
Let’s take you through the steps so as to delete your account permanently. But one thing you should know is that this can only be done through a web browser either on your mobile device or computer device, and not the mobile app.
It’s very important for you to export all your data before deleting your account. This is because all those chats, photos, and other media files might still be of use to you. But you will need the version of Telegram Desktop in order to download your data in JSON or HTML formats.
If you want to do this, you’ll have to open Telegram Desktop and select Settings > select “Export Telegram Data” > then select “Export Chat History” and select the data you’ll like to export.
Now follow the step-by-step procedure below in order to delete your Telegram account permanently:
- The first step to take is to visit Telegram deactivation page @ https://my.telegram.org/auth?to=deactivate.
- You’ll have to enter account phone number when the page pops up.
- After that, you’ll have to enter confirmation code which will be sent to your mobile number.
- Then the next page requires you to enter the reason why you want to leave telegram.
- Click “Done” once you’re done with that.
- A pop-up will then ask “Are You Sure?” Click “Yes, Delete My Account.”
- After that, your Telegram account will therefore be deleted.
Once you’ve finally deleted your Telegram account and eventually change your mind to create a new one, you need to bear it in mind that it will take you few days before you can be able to create a new Telegram account.
So in case you wish to do that, you’ll need to read further below cos we’ve also arranged the steps to create a new Telegram account.
To Create a New Telegram Account
Whether you’re using an Android, iOS, or computer device, just follow the steps below to create Telegram account as it is the same procedure.
- The first thing to do is to go to www.telegram.org.
- Then choose your device platform. Depending on the device you’re signing up with, android, iOS, Windows phone, Windows PC, MacOS, Linux, or even via the web browser, you can sign up with any of them.
- You have to download the Telegram app on your device and then tap to open it. But if you’re using PC or Mac, there’s no need for you to download the app before signing up.
- Click on the “Start Messaging” button in order to sign up.
- Now you’ll have to select your country.
- Enter your phone number. Remember, this phone number must be compatible with your country and that’s the main number you’ll be using on Telegram.
- Once you’ve finally selected your country and phone number, you’ll then have to click on the “Tick icon” located at the top right corner of the app.
- After that, an SMS verification code will then be sent to the number which you registered with.
- You’ll have to enter the verification in the Phone verification screen in the Code column.
- Once your phone number has been successfully verified, you can now start setting up your account fully. This requires your First and Last names.
- Having done that, your Telegram account will then be created and you’ll start chatting with your contacts.
- You just need to click on the Pencil icon to type.
Now you can see how simple it is!
You can also setup multiple accounts on Telegram via iOS app. All you need to do is to create a new Telegram account using your new phone number. In order to do this, you’ll have to go to Settings > click on Edit > then select “Add Account” for you to use the new phone number to register.
Then for your Android device, you can add up to three numbers on your Telegram account. All you need is to register for a new account via the main menu using your Telegram app. You can switch between both accounts from the side menu > Once you’ve done that, a notification will be sent to you.
Bonus Tip – How to Hide your Number in Telegram
We’ll show you different ways in which you can get a temporal phone number to use as an alternative not to expose your main phone number in Telegram.
The Use of Google Voice
Google Voice is the web-based calling app from Google that provides users with an entirely new phone number that can be used for voice calls as well as SMS messaging. Google Voice has a whole lot of features which is an extremely handy tool for any online user. If you want to avoid government or law enforcement entanglements, then you need a Google Voice as the perfect solution for you.
If you want to use Google Voice to get a Telegram account set up, just go to Google and setup a new account > then go through the Google Voice and register or select a phone number > Register that number with Telegram and wait for the confirmation code to be delivered > you’ll have to retrieve the code from your Google Voice window and type it into Telegram > then confirm your account and start using it.
Using Burner App
Burner is a very useful app that works as a call forwarder. Once you get a temporal phone number and give it out to whomever you want. The call is received by the Burner server and forwarded from them to your real number. The caller has no idea of your real number and Burner doesn’t share it with anyone. There are about two types of accounts; the short-term burner and the long-term burner. There is a longer term subscription number that you keep for however long you like. The short-term numbers are free, while the long-term numbers have a modest cost.
Using Receive SMS Service
Receive SMS is another free service which is used to verify membership without giving out your main number. This service can work with Telegram but has the same issue that FreePhoneNum.com has in that not all numbers work all the time, it may take a little trial and error to find one that works. Then it’s just a case of watching incoming messages for the verification and adding that to your Telegram account on your phone.
Use FreePhoneNum.com Service
FreePhoneNum.com is completely free provider of burner numbers. The service offers a very temporary number for verification or any other purpose. This service can be used to verify membership to a website and it works perfectly.
One thing to put into consideration is that you can avoid association between your Telegram account and your phone number. This is only one possible way for a Telegram account to be tied to your computer or Smartphone.
Was this Article helpful? You can drop your comment in the box below.