How to Delete Uber Account and Create a New One
Do you want to put a stop to your Uber account? Then you only need some few steps to perform this task. Once you finish reading this article, to delete Uber account will be something very easy to be done. Again, if you want to delete your account, you can either do it from the Uber app or through web browser. We’ll be taking you through the steps in this article.
Uber was launched in San Francisco in March 2009. The company has really grown to become one of the most successful startups in history, boasting more than 75 million active users around the world. In Uber, you can either sign up as a driver or a passenger. Not only that, the Uber Eats Account also enables you to sign up and boost your restaurant on Uber.
One thing you should know is that before you’re allowed to delete Uber account, you’ll need to verify your identity using a temporary verification code. What this means is that you need to add a phone number via your account settings, because that’s how your account will be verified. So read further below in order to delete Uber account.
How to Delete Uber Account
Follow the step-by-step procedure below to delete Uber account from the app.
- The first thing you need to do is to open the Uber app.
- Then click on the Menu icon located at the top left corner.
- After that, select “Settings.”
- Then select “Privacy Settings.”
- Click on “Delete Account.”
To Delete the Account via Web Browser:
Just like I told you before, if you don’t want to delete Uber account through the app, you can take the alternative method by deleting it through your web browser. Follow the steps below in order to do this:
- The first step you need to take is to click Here via your web browser.
- Click on “Sign in To Get Help.”
- You’ll then have to enter the email address or phone number which you initially used to sign up for Uber.
- After that, click “Next.”
- The next thing is to enter your Uber Password, and then click “Next.”
- Enter ‘Yes’ to confirm your account deletion.
- You’ll then have to enter a reason if you want to share your though about Uber.
- After that, click “Submit.”
Once you’ve completed the above process, your account will be deactivated immediately. After 30 days, the account will be permanently deleted, and all your unused credits, promotions, or rewards will be wiped out. But Uber may retain certain information after you’ve deleted your account as permitted by law.
If you decide to changed your mind and keep your account again after deleting it, you can be able to restore it by signing in to your account within that 30 days of deactivation.
Let’s just say you want to come back but on a different dimension. What I mean is that, maybe you want to start afresh and create a new Uber account. We’ll also guide you if you ever think of creating a new Uber account, either for yourself or for someone else. Never can tell, you mght have lost track of the signup process. You don’t need to worry about that though, cos everything is been covered up for you in this article.
Create New Uber Account
You can sign up for Uber either on your Android or iPhone. Once you have created an account, you can begin booking rides immediately. You can sign up for Uber to book rides to and from locations with ease through the mobile app.
- Just get the Uber app re-installed on your Smartphone or tablet either from Google Play Store or from Apple Store.
- Enter your phone number so that you can receive Uber messages. After that, tap “Continue.”
- Now you’ll have to enter the 4-digit confirmation code which is been sent to you via the mobile number you entered.
- After that, enter your email address and then click on “Continue.”
- You’ll then be required to enter your password for the account and then tap “Continue”. Now all you need to do is to choose a very strong password with at least eight letters consisting of alphabets, numbers, and symbols. The reason for this is so that your account can’t be hacked easily.
- Next in line is where you’ll have to enter your first and last name and then click “Continue.”
- Finally, your account is set. All you need to do next is to agree to Uber’s terms of service
Next, you’ll be prompted to add a payment method. You can choose between credit or debit card, PayPal, or Uber gift card. Note that if you don’t have any of these while creating your account, you can choose to skip this section for now by tapping “Skip” in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
Note: Once you setup the account as a passenger, you can now start making use of it very easily. Just press the arrow one final time and you will be taken to the Uber home screen which shows a map of your current location as well as a “Where to?” box in which you can type in the location where you want to go to.
How to Make your Payment
- Click on the option icon at the top left corner.
- Click on “Payment.”
- Then click on “Add Payment Method.”
- Click on “Add Promo/Gift Code.” You’ll then receive a promo code from another Uber user. All you need to do is to enter that code to receive a promotional discount. But if you can’t get a code, you can use FTC20 as recommended by Uber to get your first ride.
- After that, select your payment method depending on the country you are. Now assuming you chose Credit or Debit card option, just follow the on-screen guidelines to enter your card number and billing info. But on the other way round, if you select PayPal, PayTM, or even another payment method, you have to follow the on-screen instructions to sign-in to your account and authorize charges from Uber.
- Once your payment has been confirmed, you’re now ready for your ride!
Note: If you skip the payment options during your sign up, you’ll need to add the payment option before you can be able to book a ride.
Additional Tip – How to Ride on Uber
If you want to ride for Uber, you need to bear in mind that you must be 21 years above, insurance card, a valid driver’s license, and a legally registered car that has the necessary requirements that meets Uber’s demand for your location.
- Go to your web browser and type www.uber.com.
- Click on “Become a Driver.” At the top right green button of the screen.
- Then enter your personal information which consists of your name and phone number. Click Next to continue.
- You have to enter your social security or ID number been sent to you by Uber.
- Enter the number in the space provided for you and click on “Continue.”
- After that, click “I agree & acknowledge” to agree to Uber’s background check.
- The next step for you is to take a photo of yourself. Click on “Upload photo” to send your photo.
- Calm down you’re almost done. This is the step where you’ll have your car inspected by Uber inspection agent before you can be to proceed to the next step. Just click on “Find an Inspection center”. If its hard finding an inspection center, don’t worry Uber will locate the nearest inspection center. Just click on “Choose this location” or click on “Choose a different location” for an alternative if you don’t like the center presented for you.
Note: While coming for the inspection, you need to come with your license, registration, and insurance card.
- Once you’ve already signed up for Uber, you’ll be asked to select the type of car you wish to drive. Select “Personal Vehicle” or “Taxi or Livery” to drive a licensed taxi.
- A pop-up message will appear for you asking for your inspection form. All you need is to upload your vehicle inspection form by clicking “Yes” and then click “Browse” to upload and scan the inspection form.
- Now you have to upload images of all your documents consisting of your insurance card, registration card, and business license. In terms of the business license, you’ll need to make enquiry to know whether the city you chose requires a business license to ride for Uber.
- Once Uber have finally approved your documents after checking your email, then know that your account setup is all but a success.
Once you’re done, an Uber welcome kit will be given to you in a matter of days or few weeks. This kit contains Uber sticker for your windshield and all other information you need to ride on the road
You can refer someone to ride on Uber. To do so, just click on the Option icon at the top left corner of the screen > click on Free rides > after that, click on Send invites. Once you’re done with that, your referral code will then appear below ‘Your Invite code’. Make sure that the person you referred enters your code manually or even enter your link.
Was this article helpful? You can drop your comment on the box below.delete uber account, Delete Uber Account and Sign Up Again, delete uber account driver, delete uber account eats, delete uber account email, delete uber account immediately, delete uber account on website, delete uber account uk, delete uber account web, Delete Uber Driver Account, How to Delete Uber Account without Password, Uber Account Deactivated Permanently, Uber Account Disabled