How to Delete Your Instagram Account within just 10 mins
How to Delete Your Instagram Account within just 10 mins
In this article, we’ll be teaching you how you can be able to delete your Instagram. You’ve been using Instagram for a long time now, and suddenly things are not working perfectly on that specific account and you want to close it and create another one. Probably, you’ve tried every means to do so and but it has been proving difficult for you, don’t worry about that cos we’ll highlighting on everything you need to know in order to delete your Instagram account.
Instagram is one of the popular social media sites, whereby all your posts are been shared publicly or with pre-approved followers. Users can browse other users’ content by tags and locations, and view trending content. Users can also like your posts or photos when you post them online. Not only that, Instagram equally allows you to follow someone, especially most of the celebrities out there.
One thing you need to know is that once you delete your Instagram account, your profile, photos, videos, comments, likes, and your followers will be permanently removed from your account. But it will be a difficult if you can’t remember your username or password before trying to delete your account, because you’ll need those details. So read further below in order to delete your instagram account.
Guideline to Delete Your Instagram Account
If you want to permanently delete your account on Instagram, follow the steps below:
- The first thing you need to do is to go to https://www.instagram.com/accounts/login/?next=/accounts/remove/request/permanent/ which is the Instagram account Delete Your Account Page.
- Once the page opens up, you’ll be required to log into your Instagram account on the web. Reason being that you cannot be able to delete your Instagram account using the app.
- The next thing is for you to select an option from the drop-down menu which is located next to “Why are you deleting your Account?”
- You need to select a reason why you want to delete your account and then re-enter your password.
- After that, click on “Permanently delete my Account” and that’s it!
If you feel like you don’t want to permanently delete your account, you can disable your account temporarily for the moment.
Once you temporarily disable your account, your profile photos, comments, and likes will all be hidden until when you decide to reactivate your account by logging in back again. This is the perfect alternative if you don’t want to lose your account entirely.
To temporarily disable your Instagram account, follow the steps below:
- First of all, you need to log into your Instagram account via a mobile browser or a computer. Just like I told you before, you can’t be able to disable your account on the Instgram app.
- The next thing is for you to click on your profile picture located at the top right corner and then select “Edit Profile.”
- Then scroll down and click on “Temporarily disable my Account” located in the bottom right corner of the page.
- After that, select an option from the drop-down menu which is next to “Why are you disabling your Account?”
- You’ll after to re-enter your password once you’ve first selected the reason why you want to disable the account.
- After that, click on “Temporarily Disable Account.”
Note: Before you can be able to disable your account, you need to know your username or password so as to log into your account first.
One thing you should know is that you cannot be able to sign up again with the same username or even add that username to another account. So the only option here is to create a new one if you want to. So, therefore, we’ll also be taking you through the steps to do so.
To Create a New Instagram Account
The steps below are for both Phone devices (iOS and Android) and computer device.
Setup Instagram with Phone Device
- The first step is to download the Instagram app via this link > Instagram on App Store for iPhone devices. For Android devices, click this link > Instagram on Google Play Store
- Then tap on the app to install it.
- Tap Sign Up with Email or Phone Number or Create New Account.
- Then enter your email address or phone number which will require a confirmation code.
- After that, tap “Next”.
Note: If you register with your email or phone number, create a username and password > fill out your profile info > then tap “Next.” But if you register with Facebook, you’ll be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you’re currently logged out.
Setup Instagram via Computer Device
- Go to the site via instagram.com and click on Sign Up.
- Then enter your email address.
- After that, create a username and password or click “Log in with Facebook” to sign up with your Facebook account.
To update your profile information, you need to include your username and email address which is linked with your account. In order to do this, go to your profile > Tap Edit Profile > Type in your information and tap “Done or Submit.”
If you register with an email, click Sign up. But if you register with Facebook account, you’ll have to log into your Facebook account if you’re currently logged out. If you sign up with email, make sure you enter your email address correctly and choose an email address that only you can access. If you log out and forget your password, you’ll need to be able to access your email to get back into your Instagram account.
To Disconnect Account Syncing on Instagram:
You can still choose to disconnect contact syncing and remove your contact list on Instagram. To disconnect contact syncing; Go to your profile and tap on the Option icon > then click on Settings > after that, tap on Account, and then tap Contacts Syncing > finally, tap “Next” to Connect Contacts, and then tap “Disconnect”. If you disconnect contact syncing, the contact info you previously synced will be automatically removed from our systems.
How to Set Your Account to private
I’m gonna show you how you can be able to set your account private using your app on your Android or iOS device.
- Go to your profile, and then tap on the Settings Icon.
- Then click on “Submit.”
- After that click on “Privacy.”
- Go to Account Privacy.
- Finally, click on “Private Account” in order to make your account private.
Set your account to private on your computer or mobile browser
- Go to instagram.com on your computer or mobile browser.
- Click on the Profile icon.
- Then click on the Settings icon.
- After that, Click on Privacy and Security.
- Scroll down to Account Privacy and click to check the box next to Private Account.
To disconnect and stop sharing your Instagram posts to another Network; you need to go to your profile and tap on the 3-dotted lines option icon > click on Settings > click Account > then click on Linked Accounts and enter the name of the website > click on Unlink Account > finally, click Yes, Unlink.
But if you want to re-link your Instagram account to another account, you need to go to the site’s settings to unlink your previous account.
If someone tried to sign up for an Instagram account using your email address by mistake, you can simply remove your email from the account. But Keep in mind that an email address can only be associated with one Instagram account.
Once you block someone on Instagram, he/she will not be notified when you block them. After you block someone, their likes and comments aren’t removed from your photos and videos. You can also choose to delete their comments from your posts.
If you signed up for Instagram with your email address or phone number but you can’t remember your password, you can just reset your password and log into your account.
If you’ve typed your email address or phone number correctly and see a message that an account with your email address or phone number already exists, then you need to contact Instagram’s Help Center for support.
Bonus Tip – How to Delete Instagram Photos
To Delete One Instagram Picture from Multiple:
- The first step is to log into your Instagram account.
- Select the “Home” symbol.
- Then go to the feed to locate the photo you want to remove.
- Select the three dot symbol located at the top right side of the screen.
- Finally, select the “Delete” option.”
Now that you’ve successfully deleted one picture from multiples on Instagram, we’ll still show you how you can be able to delete a photo album on Instagram.
To Delete an Album on Instagram:
- Go to the post which includes the instagram album.
- Select the three-dot menu symbol which is located at the top right corner.
- Then select the “Delete” option.
- Then verify the option you’ve selected.
- Doing that will remove your whole photo album.
You can hide photos on your Instagram rather them removing them entirely.
If you want to hide Instagrm photos; select the post you want to archive > Select the three-dot menu symbol located at the top right corner of the screen > Then click on the “Archive” option > After that, return back to the Instagram main menu > Then click on the “Clock symbol which is located at the top right corner of the screen > After that, you’ll then receive the post on the webpage.
Was this Article helpful? Drop your comment in the box below.Delete my Account, How to Delete Instagram Account on Android, How to Delete Instagram Account on iPhone, Instagram Deleted my Account, Reactivate Instagram Account