Native Voices Rising 2019 Grants To Organization
Native Voices Rising 2019 Grants To Organization application has commenced, all organisation who meets their eligibility should hurry and apply now Deadline:July 19
Native Voices Rising (NVR) is a project of Common Counsel Foundation and Native Americans in Philanthropy. NVR provides general operating support grants that are intended to strengthen Native-led organizations that are building community leadership and power to improve the wellbeing of their communities.
Eligible organizations are rooted in a Native community, led by Native people, hold a vision for change that improves the lives of Native community members, engage large numbers ofcommunity members to take action together and seek to improve the policies and rules that impact the community.).
The expected grant amount will be $10,000, but could range between $5,000 to $10,000. CCF is continually working to raise additional funds for NVR and the number of available grants for the 2019 cycle will depend upon the total funding that is committed by new and existing funding partners.
Who can Apply
Before applying to Native Voices Rising, please review the following questions to determine whether you meet our funding guidelines:
- Is your organization based in and serving a Native community or population?
- Does your organization have a strong set of leaders and board members comprised of 51% Native Americans, who represent and are accountable to the community that is served?
- Does your organization have a leadership development or political education program for Native community members?
- Does your organization engage Native community members in determining priorities and the focus of its programs?
- Does your organization engage a significant number of community members to take collective action to promote public policy or campaign for corporate accountability to address your communities problems?
- Do you have IRS 501 (c) 3 tax-exempt status, 7871 Designation or a fiscal sponsor who does?
EXCLUSIONS (what we do NOT fund)
We are UNABLE to support the following:
- Organizations that are not based in the United States
- Grantmaking or re-granting institutions
- Capital campaigns, construction or renovation programs, endowments
- Scholarship funds or other aid to individuals
- Research or fellowships
- Land trusts/land acquisitions
- Government sponsored programs or programs undertaken by tax-supported institutions
- Films, books or other stand-alone documentation projects,
- Emergency funding
If your organization fits all or most of the above eligibility criteria, then you may submit an online application to Common Counsel Foundation. Please submit your Application via our online grant portal. Note that if you are a new applicant, you will need to register to obtain a user account.
Timeline: Native Voices Rising must receive complete proposals no later than July 19, 2019 at 11:59pm PST. Confirmation of your submission will be sent by email. Final Decisions will be made in early November 2018.