How to Recover Your YouTube Account without Stress
How to Recover Your YouTube Account without Stress: If you’ve been trying to recover your YouTube account having lost it due to a forgotten username or password, we’ll help you go through that in this article. Even though your account was hacked, hopefully, Google has provided certain measures for requesting account recovery assistance which will enable you to reset your password, recover your username, or even re-gain access to your hacked account. All you need is to read further below to see how you can be able to apply these which will help you recover your YouTube account.
Considered as one of the most popular social platforms with millions of users across the world, YouTube started in the US and has continued to circulate around the world with several users signing up. When you create a YouTube channel account, you can customize your channel for your brand and make sure that people steams your videos online. But if you can’t get access to your account ever again whichever reason it may be, read further below to see the various steps you need to take in order to recover your YouTube account successfully.
Ways to Recover your YouTube Account
Just like it’s stated above, your account being locked up might be down to forgotten password, forgotten username, or even as a result of a hacked account. That’s why we decided to detail the procedures you can take in order to recover your YouTube account whichever one you may be down with.
If you want to Reset Forgotten Password
If it’s as a result of you not been able to remember your password, now see how you can be able to reset the password:
- The first thing to do is to go to the password recovery page by clicking on “Forgot Password?” when you try to log in.
- You’ll now be required to enter your username or email address in the provided field.
- After that, tap the “Submit” button.
- Then enter the CAPTCHA-style verification when prompted, and click “Continue” to confirm that you’re human.
- You’ll then have to choose the method you want to use to access your account. In this case, you’ll choose between a password reset link sent to a secondary non-Gmail address which you’ll have to provide and then follow any on-screen instructions pops-up. But if you want to going through some security questions, you’ll have to answer some questions relating to your old account then.
- Once you’ve gone through the process above, click on the “Continue” button.
Note: The Security Question option is only available if haven’t logged into any Google account within the last 24 hours.
How to Recover your Forgotten Username
- The first step here is to go to the YouTube Forgot Username Page, by clicking on “Forgot your Username?”
- Enter your email address and the CAPTCHA-style verification in the provided fields in order to confirm that you’re human.
- Then click the “Email My Username!” button.
- A green bar will appear at the top of the screen which confirms that your information has been received by Google.
- The next thing is to go to your email address inbox, follow the instruction to recover your username.
Note: In case you don’t see the email in your inbox, then you need to check your Spam folder.
What if your Account was Hacked
- Now straight in line with it; you have to go to your YouTube account and select “Report a Hijacked Account” in the page.
- Then provide all the necessary information requested from you by Google. This includes; your YouTube username, email address you used, your full name, gender, date of birth, your country, the ZIP code you used, your Internet Service Provider’s name, and the date you realized the account has been hacked.
- You’ll also have to confirm whether the account is open or closed before the issue occurred. Other necessary information will also be required in the final field.
- Once you’re through with that, click the “Submit” button.
- After that, Google will then contact you via email to inform you if the account can be recovered.
Note: You should also know that you cannot be able to recover a deleted YouTube account.
Now let’s say you deleted your account and cannot be able to recover it back, the only option here is to create a new YouTube account. If you need our help on this, read further below.
To Create a New Account
- First, you need to create a Google account. But you skip to the next step if you already have a Google account. But you don’t need to bother about the security of your Google account cos it won’t be exposed on the YouTube account.
- The second thing is to log into YouTube using your Google account details.
Go to your YouTube channels page. If you’ve never created a YouTube channel before, you’ll only see your personal account. If you already have an existing brand channel, you’ll see it as well. To create a new brand channel, click Create a new channel.
- Then enter your brand name and click Create.
Now if you go back to your channels page, you’ll see both your personal account and your brand account. Your new brand account gives you access to YouTube analytics, which give you great access to know who’s watching your videos and what kind of content they respond to best.
Now that you’ve created the account, you can now verify your account in order to gain more access, such as uploading 15 minutes+ videos and as well create custom thumbnails for your videos. To do this, you need to follow the steps below:
- First go to youtube.com/verify
- Choose your country, then select whether you want to get your verification code by text or through an automated voice message.
- Then enter your phone number.
- After that, enter the verification code you receive and click Submit.
- Finally, Click “Continue.”
Once you’ve verified your account, the next thing is to add your brand identity.
Additional Tip – Accessing your YouTube Channel
Add Your Brand Identity;
When you’re starting a YouTube channel, it’s very necessary to present a brand identity.
- Log into YouTube on a computer, because you can only edit your channel images from a computer and not on a mobile device.
- Click your profile icon on the top right of the screen and choose your channel.
- Hover over the profile image to bring up the Edit channel icon function. Upload an image, and adjust the cropping. Your company logo is a good choice for your channel icon. The recommended image size is 800 x 800 pixels. It will render at 98 x 98 pixels on YouTube.
- Hover over the banner image to bring up the Edit channel art function. The recommended image size is 2,560 x 1,440 pixels. You can preview how your cover art will look on different devices and adjust the cropping accordingly.
You can still add links to your YouTube channel banner in order to boost your channel’s traffic.
Add a YouTube Channel Banner;
- First log into YouTube on a computer. Just like we said “Only your computer can do this and not your mobile device.”
- Go to your channel and click Customize channel.
- Click on the “About” tab.
- Then scroll down to Links.
- Click the pencil icon to add links that will appear over your channel banner art.
- Enter your website information. You can choose how many links to include. If you add links to social channels, they will be indicated with social media icons.
Finally, you’ve succeeded in creating your YouTube channel by adding the necessary things. Now you can start accessing your YouTube account.
Make a YouTube Channel Trailer;
- Log into YouTube and upload the video you want to use as your channel trailer.
- Go to your channel and click “Customize channel.”
- Click “For New Visitors.”
- Then click “Channel Trailer.”
- Select the video to use as your trailer, and then click “Save.”
Now it’s not about creating a channel. You need to make it transparent so that it can be discovered easily so that users can be able to find your channel. In order to do so, follow the steps below:
Add Keywords to your Channel;
- Sign into YouTube and click your profile icon in the top right.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Creator Studio.”
- In the left menu, click “Channel.”
- Then in the menu that appears underneath, click “Advanced.”
- In the Channel keywords section, enter keywords relevant to your content. Be sure to focus only on keywords that truly relate to the content you plan to produce.
You can therefore add a channel description so as to make it more discoverable for users.
Add Channel Description;
- Got to your YouTube channel page and click “Customize Channel.”
- Then click on the “About tab.”
- Go to the description field and click on the pencil icon to add a channel description. You have up to 1,000 characters, so use them wisely. Include relevant keywords to help make your channel more discoverable.
How to Add People on your Channel;
- Sign into YouTube and click your profile icon in the top right
- Go the dropdown menu and select “Settings.”
- Go to the bottom corner of the page and click “Add or Remove Managers.”
- After that, click on “Manage Permissions.”
- Then on the click the People Icon in the top right to invite new users.
- Enter the email addresses of the team members you want to add to your account. But doing this, you need to choose a role for each of them.
- After that, click “Invite.”
- Finally, click “Done.”
Was this article helpful? Just drop your comment in the box below.Google Account Recovery, How can I Access my Old YouTube Account, how can i recover my old youtube account, how can i recover my youtube account, how do i recover my youtube account, How to get Back YouTube Account, how to recover your deleted youtube account, how to recover your google account youtube, Locked out of YouTube Account, recover your old youtube account, recover your youtube account, recover your youtube channel, This YouTube Account isn’t Available to be claimed