How to Set Alarm on Your Mac with Some Few Steps
How to Set Alarm on Your Mac with Some Few Steps
Do you know you can be able to set alarm on your Mac? With just some simple steps provided for you in this article, you can easily set alarm on your Mac all by your own. I know that most users will be confused about this, given the fact that MacBook devices does not come with a clock app. Unlike Smartphones that are produced with an in-built clock app that enables you to set recurring alarms. But the good news is that there are different built-in options you can use to set an alarm on your MacBook.
There’s no doubt that alarm is one of the best feature in any device. It performs a very routine job prior to helping you with your schedules. Whether you’re planning to go to work early enough, or to observe your birthday, then you need an alarm to help you to be punctual. This shows how useful alarms can actually be. So whether you’re using a MacBook computer, you definitely need to learn how to set alarm this device.
Whether you’re using a Mac device, you can set alarms for tasks, events, meetings, and just about anything else that would require an alert. There are several methods that can be used to set alarm on your Mac device. You can either use the built-in Calendar Alarm app, the built-in Reminders app, or even the built-in Wakeup Time app.
Different Ways to Set Alarm on Your Mac
Giving the fact that there are several built-in apps to be used to set alarm on your Mac, we’ll be providing you with each of their steps respectively.
Using the Built-in Calendar App
The built-in Calendar app has a feature that allows you to set a one-time alarm clock. To set an alarm on your Mac using the built-n calendar app, you need to follow the steps below:
- The first thing you need to do is to click on the “Calendar” icon in your Mac’s dock to launch Calendar.
- Then click on the “File” and “New Event” options which are located at the top menu bar.
- After that, type a name for the alarm and press the “Return” key to create the event.
- Change the event date and time to when you want the alarm to activate.
- After that, click the “Alert” button.
- You’ll have to select “Custom.”
- After that, click “Message with sound.”
- Use the drop-down to select a sound.
- Then click the drop-down for “minutes before” and change it to “At time of event.”
- After that, click “OK” to set the alarm.
You’ve finally set the alarm! But you need to sure that your Mac computer is turned on so that the alarm can go off at the set time.
Using the Built-in Reminders App
Using the built-in Reminders app on your MacBook is another option you need to consider to set an alarm. Follow the steps provided for you below:
- You need to open the Reminders app by clicking on the “Magnifying Glass” in the top right corner of your Mac.
- After that, type in “Reminders.”
- Then click on the “Return” key.
- Click the “+” button in the Reminders app and type in a name for your reminder.
- Click the “i” icon next to the reminder and check the box next to “On a Day.”
- After that, select the day and time for the reminder and click “Done” to save it.
That’s it! You can set reminder alarms to go off at specific times and specific locations.
Note: Reminder sounds aren’t as loud or continuous as Calendar alarms, however, so they are not recommended for use as a wake-up alarm.
Using the Wake Up Time App
Wake Up Time is a free app available in the Mac App Store that enables you to set an alarm at a specific time and date that does not shut off until you hit the “Stop” button. The alarm works even if your Mac is muted but not if your Mac is turned off.
- The first thing you need to do is to download the Wake Up Time app by clicking the “App Store” icon in the Mac’s dock and search for the Wake Up Time app.
- Then click “Get” to download the app.
- You’ll then have to launch the downloaded app by clicking the magnifying glass located at the top right corner of your Mac’s screen.
- Then Press the “Return” key to open the app.
- After that, you’ll now have to select the “Alarm time” and “Sound”.
- Then click the Round button to set the alarm.
Now you’ve seen how easy it is to use the built-in apps to set alarm on your Mac!
If you don’t want to use the built-in app options, all these options require your MacBook not to be muted, so make sure the sound is turned all the way up before using them.
You can go to www.onlineclock.net and set your alarm by selecting the alarm sound that you want. You can also set timers, a countdown or use the stopwatch feature.
www.E.ggtimer.com is another free option for setting alarm timers that play a sound on your MacBook.
You can equally use www.Setalarmclock.net, which also allows you to set and name your alarms.
Bonus Tips – How to Recover your Mac Device
Follow the step-by-step process below so as to know how to recover your Mac device.
- The first step is to download the Tenorshare UltData software by clicking the link above.
- Once you’ve installed the app on your Mac device, you’ll need to open the software.
- After that, select your Drive and click on ‘Scan.”
- Then select the files you want to recover.
- Once you’re done, click on “Recover.”
- The final step is for you to select a folder that you want to save the recovered files.
Once you’ve taken the steps above, your files will therefore be recovered successfully.
How to Add an Email on Mac
- The first step is to open the mail app on your Mac.
- After which you’ll be prompted to add an account.
- You’ll have to select Account Type or Other Mail Account.
- The next thing is to enter your relevant account information.
You need to make sure to select the Mail checkbox for the account.
If you still want to go further by adding another extra email account, all you need is to perform the same task above. Go to Mail > enter Add Account > select Account Type > then enter the account information.
Also, if you’re using an account on your Mac with your Contacts or Messages, the account can also be used with Mail. All you need to do is to go to Mail > enter Accounts to Open > click on Internet Accounts Preferences > then select the account located on the left > and then select the Mail checkbox which is located on the right hand side.
If by any means you want to stop receiving mails temporarily on your Mac; you can go to the Mail app > you’ll then click on “Mail” > then click on “Accounts” > after that, select the account you want to temporarily deactivate at the moment > then deselect the Mail checkbox.
Note: If you wish to use the account again with Mail, what you need to do is to select the Mail checkbox where you deselected it before and your messages will therefore start showing again.
How to Logout of Mail on Mac
- The first thing you need to do is to go to Launchpad and click on the “Mail” icon.
- Once you’ve clicked on the Mail located at the top bar, you then need to go to “Preferences.”
- After that, you then need to uncheck “Enable this Account.”
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll be logged out immediately..
How to Sign out of iMessages on Mac
If you are only looking to stop your Mac from receiving messages in iMessage for a brief period of time, you can have iMessage disabled temporarily on your Mac.
- The first thing you need is to click on Launchpad in your Dock.
- Then search for Messages.
- Click on the app that appears on the screen.
- Once the app has opened, click on the option that says ‘Messages at the top.
- Then select ‘Preferences.’
- Then click on the Accounts tab at the top to view your iMessage accounts.
- Then find the account you want to disable the service for in the left sidebar.
- After that, click on it.
- Then untick the box that says ‘Enable this Account’ located at the right-hand side.
Once you’ve done so, the service will be disabled for the account you’ve selected on your Mac. But if you still want to enable it, you can just tick on the box.
How to Sign out Permanently
If you think you will not be using iMessage for the foreseeable future on your Mac, you might want to turn it off completely.
- What you need to do is to search for the Messages app in your Launchpad.
- Then click on it when you see it.
- Click on the Messages menu at the top and select Preferences.
- Then select the Accounts tab on the following screen.
- Click on your account in the left sidebar.
- Then tap on the button that says “Sign Out.”
Was this article helpful? You can drop your comment below.Alarm Clock Dashboard Widget Mac, can i set alarm on my mac, can you set an alarm on your mac computer, can you set an alarm on your mac to wake you up, how to set an alarm on your mac air, how to set an alarm on your macbook air, Mac Alarm Sound, Mac iTunes Alarm Clock, Online Alarm Clock Mac, Set a Timer on iPhone from Mac, set alarm on my mac, set alarm on my macbook pro, set an alarm on my macbook air