WORLD FORUM FOR DEMOCRACY 2019(FULLY-FUNDED)
World forum for democracy – Theme is democracy in danger in the information age? deadline for application 12 July 2019. This is a call for application, all interested youth should apply for this forum.
the theme of the 2019 world forum for democracy is “Democracy and information” and it comes with two main threads:
- Democracy dies in darkness: are we getting the information we need?
- Information and the Future: lost in space or masters of our own fate?
The two questions which will be critically studied at the forum is to what extent the information is reliable, whether this helps or hinders citizens in taking part in democratic processes, and what lessons we should learn for ensuring the free flow of information in the future.
The focal point of discussion of the forum will be about successful initiatives and actions, which have real-life initiatives as a starting point. General guiding principles will then be drawn to encourage and support future policy responses and field action.
In this context, the Youth Department of the Council of Europe will invite 50-60 young people to participate and engage with decision-makers and opinion-former’s in a reflection on the question of Democracy and Information.
Who Can Apply
In order to qualify and be selected to participate in the World Forum 2019, youth applicants should:
- Be aged 18-30 (exceptions can be made in special cases);
- Be able to communicate and work in English;
- Be actively involved in civil society democracy initiatives;
- Be motivated to contribute to developing new ideas on youth and democracy;
- Be ready to share own challenges faced in relation to media, fake news, information and its effects on democracy;
- Be ready to adopt a solution-oriented approach by bringing in new ideas and visions on the question of media, fake news, information and democracy;
- Be available to participate fully in the World Forum for Democracy and the preparation process beforehand.
The youth representatives will be chosen on the basis of these criteria and a video to be submitted. The Council of Europe welcomes applications from all candidates who fulfill the above-mentioned profile, irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, color, religion, belief or sexual orientation. A few limited places will allow participants from the previous editions of the World Forum to participate.
HOW TO APPLY?
All candidates must apply in 2 parts:
- An online application form should be completed via this link.
- A short 1-minute video should be posted on YouTube, with the link attached to the online application form (see instructions here.)
- Travel expenses and visa costs will be reimbursed upon presentation of the relevant receipts, according to the rules of the Council of Europe;
- Board and lodging are provided and paid for by the Council of Europe (arrival on Sunday 3rd November and departure on Saturday 9th November). Participants will be accommodated at the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg (EYCS). You might be requested to share a room. The EYCS is fully accessible to young people with disabilities and ready to adapt to young people’s special needs in order to ensure full inclusion and quality working conditions. Wi-fi is provided in the rooms.
visit their official web page for further details.WORLD FORUM FOR DEMOCRACY